Information about us
The HV Cable Solutions Oy is a company registered in Finland with the registered address Punkaharjuntie 3, 57130 Savonlinna, Finland with registration no. 2574110-4
The HV Cable Solutions Oy’s website (“Website”) refers to www.hvcs.eu.
HV Cable Solutions Oy offers consulting and engineering services and products for global wire and cable industry.
1. What does this privacy statement cover?
HV Cable Solutions recognises the importance of correct and lawful processing of personal data and is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
As such, this privacy statement explains what type of personal data we collect, how and why we collect it, the conditions under which we may disclose it and the mechanisms we have in place to keep it secure.
Changes to our privacy statement:
We reserve the right at our sole discretion to change, add or remove provisions of this privacy statement at any time. Any changes we make to our privacy statement in the future will be included on this page and will come into effect immediately. Please check back frequently to view any updates or changes to our privacy statement.
This privacy statement was last updated on 28th of August 2019.
2. What type of information is collected from you?
As a visitor, you do not have to submit any personal information in order to use the Website. This Website only collect personal information that is specifically and voluntarily provided by visitors.
The personal data we collect through our websites may include:
Postal address or location
We may store and maintain any content you provide, including information on particular HV Cable Solutions Oy’s markets, products and services you are interested in.
In some cases we may also collect information about your visit to the Website which is not personally identifiable. This may include:
Your language preference
Device (mobile, desktop, tablet) and browser used
Your route to the Website or Websites
Your demographic profile
Behavioural indicators such as pages visited, time spent on the Website or Parent and Subsidiary Websites and links clicked.
We do not usually seek sensitive personal information from visitors unless required for business purposes when we would obtain your explicit consent to collect and process such information.
Sensitive information includes data relating to:
Race or ethnic origin
Physical or mental health
HV Cable Solutions Oy also process personal data not collected via websites for the purposes of business execution and in order to comply with legal and regulatory obligations, in relation to employees, shareholders, customers, suppliers, and other stakeholders. Information we may collect offline includes:
- Private contact information if necessary or voluntarily provided (such as name, postal or e-mail address, and phone number)
- Business contact and other information (such as job title, department, name of organisation and any dealings with the Group)
3. How do we collect information from you?
Information you may supply us online:
HV Cable Solutions Oy obtain information about you when you voluntarily submit personal data through the Website by completing forms to request information from us (enquiring about products and services for example), to submit a rating or review, participating in surveys, registering or applying for job vacancies or career opportunities, or signing up for communications such as company newsletters and literature.
Information collected by cookies:
Other information you may supply us:
HV Cable Solutions Oy also processes, and may record, personal data collected if you contact us in writing, by email, telephone or other electronic means.
4. How is your information used?
When you submit personal data through the Website the information you provide will be used to manage your request and to improve the Website.
We may also use your personal information for marketing purposes, to send you promotional materials or communications regarding services provided by HV Cable Solutions Oy that we feel is relevant and may be of interest to you.
HV Cable Solutions Oy may use your information to:
- Respond to an enquiry you have submitted
- Process an order you have submitted
- Carry out our contractual obligations
- Remind you about servicing or licence renewal dates
- Inform you of other products or services offered by HV Cable Solutions Oy
- Notify you of HV Cable Solutions Oy news
- Send whitepapers or literature
- Provide you with financial / RNS feed alerts
- Seek your feedback on the services we provide
- Process a job, apprenticeship or cadet scheme application
- Notify you of vacancies / placement opportunities
- Improve your website experience
- Personalise your repeat website visits
Lawful basis for processing your data
HV Cable Solutions Oy will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- HV Cable Solutions Oy would like to keep in touch with you to let you know about its latest news and the latest news from around the Group and provide you with updates on relevant products and services for marketing purposes; to communicate with stakeholders, potential and existing customers and others who expressly choose to submit their personal data through our Website. HV Cable Solutions Oy value your privacy and will only process personal data in these circumstances where your express opt-in consent is first provided by you. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time
- Where it is necessary for the purposes of performing an existing contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. This may include activity for legitimate business purposes and for developing customer relationships, such as:
- Contacting you as a potential or existing customer for the purposes of selling goods or services
- To provide useful, informative and relevant information to you about our services and to grow our business
- To enable us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our communications for the benefit of our customers and stakeholders
Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around direct marketing. You can view and make certain decisions about your personal data use and you have the right to withdraw your consent or unsubscribe from marketing communications at any time.
Whenever HV Cable Solutions Oy process data for business execution purposes we will ensure that we always keep your personal data rights in high regard. You have the right to object to this processing, if you would like to object please contact us at email@example.com. But please bear in mind this may affect our ability to carry out tasks for your benefit.
5. How long will your data be held for?
HV Cable Solutions Oy endeavours to ensure that personal data is kept as current as possible and that outdated or irrelevant data is deleted or anonymised as soon as reasonably practicable.
Any personal data that is required for the purposes of the conclusion and execution of agreements with business customers, suppliers and business partners or for considering bids and tenders will be held for the duration of the contractual or business relationship, plus the length of any applicable legal or statutory limitation period thereafter.
Unless we process and approve a request to delete your data, we will hold your data for the duration of our business relationship from the point at which we first processed your data for marketing purposes.
Please note, we are legally required to hold some types of information for longer periods of time to fulfil legal, statutory or regulatory obligations, or shorter periods of time where an individual objects to the processing of their personal data and there is no longer a legitimate purpose to retain it.
6. Who has access to your information?
Data is securely stored on HV Cable Solutions Oy systems and servers in compliance with our internal controls, IT and Communications and Data Protection policies. HV Cable Solutions Oy takes data security seriously and utilises data encryption across its corporate network and websites to reduce the risk of cyber security threats or data breach risks.
HV Cable Solutions Oy will not sell or rent your information to third parties. We may, however, pass your information to third party service providers (sub-processors) who provide IT and system administration services and with whom we have strict contractual agreements, including data protection agreements, which require them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes. We may also, when legitimately required, share personal data with professional advisors (including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers providing such services) and with Finnish Tax Authorities, regulators and other authorities (who require reporting of processing activity in certain circumstances).
7. Managing your information
HV Cable Solutions Oy aims to keep its information as accurate as possible. Individuals can access their personal data, request correction or deletion of data (but only where it is no longer required for a legitimate business purpose) and request that the processing of their personal data is restricted.
Please be aware that HV Cable Solutions Oy will be in touch to validate the legitimacy of any data subject request and that it is legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil its statutory obligations.
8. Third-Party links
This Website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those connections may allow third-parties to collect or share data about you. Please note HV Cable Solutions Oy does not control third-party websites and is not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our Website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Our Website are not directed towards or targeted at children. We will not knowingly collect personal data from children through our Website.
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy and our privacy practices please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.